December 21, 2022
Blackstone Minerals Ltd. (ASX:BSX, Not Rated, Timothy Lee) announced a project update at its 90%-owned Ta Khoa Ni project in northern Vietnam. Blackstone has completed its pilot-scale test program, producing high-purity Ni, Co, and Cu products, and the results will be used towards its ongoing DFS. The program lasted one-year and used more than seven tonnes of material, including concentrate from the company’s past-producing Ban Phuc Ni mine in Vietnam, supplemented by third-party concentrates sourced through Trafigura Pte Ltd. The program was completed in Western Australia, and Blackstone has applied for a A$3.7M tax rebate through a government program that is focused on encouraging R&D. Overall, the outcome is positive, demonstrating that the company’s flowsheet works to produce the desired battery precursor materials while achieving industry leading ESG standards. As well, results have met or exceeded expectations from Blackstone’s PFS, as nickel and cobalt sulphate has reached battery grade specification, and that copper cathode has met 4N specification. Moving ahead, Blackstone stated that a key objective is to develop a flowsheet that produces the desired battery precursor materials, and that has industry leading ESG credentials. As such, the company received a third-party assessment confirming that the processing plant would have the lowest emitting flowsheet in its industry, at 9.8kg of CO2/kg of precursor. Lastly, Blackstone noted that it has hosted five site visits from potential stakeholders, in search for a partner for the downstream processing plant. We expect a steady stream of catalysts sliding into 2023, as DFS’ for both the Ta Khoa mining project and the downstream processing plant are nearing completion and as drilling is ongoing at Ta Khoa (read more). Read more
Company Specific Disclosure Details
Blackstone Minerals Ltd – ASX:BSX
- The analyst has visited the head/principal office of the issuer or has viewed its material operations.
- The issuer paid for or reimbursed the analyst for a portion, or all of the travel expense associated with a visit.
- In the last 12 months preceding the date of issuance of the research report or recommendation, Red Cloud Securities Inc. has performed investment banking services for the issuer.
- In the last 12 months, a partner, director or officer of Red Cloud Securities Inc., or an analyst involved in the preparation of the research report has provided services other than in the normal course investment advisory or trade execution services to the issuer for remuneration.
- An analyst who prepared or participated in the preparation of this research report has an ownership position (long or short) in, or discretion or control over an account holding, the issuer’s securities, directly or indirectly.
- Red Cloud Securities Inc. and its affiliates collectively beneficially own 1% or more of a class of the issuer’s equity securities.
- A partner, director, officer, employee or agent of Red Cloud Securities Inc., serves as a partner, director, officer or employee of (or in an equivalent advisory capacity to) the issuer.
- Red Cloud Securities Inc. is a market maker in the equity of the issuer.
- There are material conflicts of interest with Red Cloud Securities Inc. or the analyst who prepared or participated in the preparation of the research report, and the issuer.
Analysts are compensated through a combined base salary and bonus payout system. The bonus payout is determined by revenues generated from various departments including Investment Banking, based on a system that includes the following criteria: reports generated, timeliness, performance of recommendations, knowledge of industry, quality of research and client feedback. Analysts are not directly compensated for specific Investment Banking transactions.