February 14, 2023
Cerrado Gold Inc. (TSXV:CERT, BUY, C$3.40 target, Timothy Lee) has appointed Mr. Clinton Swemmer as the Chief Technical Officer of the company. Previously, Mr. Swemmer was the VP of Technical Services at Cerrado, and had made significant contributions to the company’s heap leach and underground development program at its Minera Don Nicolas (MDN) mine in Argentina. In a career spanning over 20 years, Mr. Swemmer has held several senior roles including VP of Project Delivery at Treasury Metals (TSX:TML, Not Rated), Ausenco, and DRA Americas, and Director of Projects at Kinross (TSX:K, Not Rated). The company also announced that it has hired Mr. Erich Meintjes as the Director of Engineering to support the development of its projects. Mr. Meintjes has over 27 years of experience in the mining industry and was previously the Senior VP of Engineering at DRA Global (ASX:DRA, Not Rated). The new appointments are a crucial step in Cerrado’s strategy to reduce costs by hiring professionals internally in lieu of external consultants. A stronger technical team is also expected to play a key role in the upcoming FS for Monte Do Carmo (H1/23), and the commencement of heap leach production at MDN (Q2/23). Read more
Company Specific Disclosure Details
Cerrado Gold Inc. – TSXV:CERT – 7
- The analyst has visited the head/principal office of the issuer or has viewed its material operations.
- The issuer paid for or reimbursed the analyst for a portion, or all of the travel expense associated with a visit.
- In the last 12 months preceding the date of issuance of the research report or recommendation, Red Cloud Securities Inc. has performed investment banking services for the issuer.
- In the last 12 months, a partner, director or officer of Red Cloud Securities Inc., or an analyst involved in the preparation of the research report has provided services other than in the normal course investment advisory or trade execution services to the issuer for remuneration.
- An analyst who prepared or participated in the preparation of this research report has an ownership position (long or short) in, or discretion or control over an account holding, the issuer’s securities, directly or indirectly.
- Red Cloud Securities Inc. and its affiliates collectively beneficially own 1% or more of a class of the issuer’s equity securities.
- Rober Sellars, who is a partner, director, officer, employee or agent of Red Cloud Securities Inc., serves as a partner, director, officer or employee of (or in an equivalent advisory capacity to) the issuer.
- Red Cloud Securities Inc. is a market maker in the equity of the issuer.
- There are material conflicts of interest with Red Cloud Securities Inc. or the analyst who prepared or participated in the preparation of the research report, and the issuer.
Analysts are compensated through a combined base salary and bonus payout system. The bonus payout is determined by revenues generated from various departments including Investment Banking, based on a system that includes the following criteria: reports generated, timeliness, performance of recommendations, knowledge of industry, quality of research and client feedback. Analysts are not directly compensated for specific Investment Banking transactions.