April 20, 2023
Forsys Metals Corp. (TSX:FSY, Not Rated, David A. Talbot) announced that it commenced a ~4,100m drill program at its Norasa U project in Namibia. The program will entail 2,115m of geotechnical drilling (Valencia – 1,565m and Namibplaas – 550m) and 1,980m of resource drilling (Valencia – 675m and Namibplaas – 1,305m). The program aims to retrieve samples at depths of up to 420m from the slope areas for the project’s two planned mining pits at Valencia and Namibplaas (see map). The focus will be on geotechnical logging and sampling for geo-mechanical testing for 1) optimizing pit designs; 2) testing the continuity of mineralization for optimized resource modelling; and 3) sampling for metallurgical test work and for optimized processing design and resource block modelling of the orebodies. We expect the results of these studies to inform an updated DFS, which could also include the results of ongoing technical trade-off studies (read more). An update on the company’s Sep/22 application for a 25-year mining license for the Namibplaas deposit (read more) is also pending. Read more
Company Specific Disclosure Details
Forsys Metals Corp. – TSX:FSY – 1,2
- The analyst has visited the head/principal office of the issuer or has viewed its material operations.
- The issuer paid for or reimbursed the analyst for a portion, or all of the travel expense associated with a visit.
- In the last 12 months preceding the date of issuance of the research report or recommendation, Red Cloud Securities Inc. has performed investment banking services for the issuer.
- In the last 12 months, a partner, director or officer of Red Cloud Securities Inc., or an analyst involved in the preparation of the research report has provided services other than in the normal course investment advisory or trade execution services to the issuer for remuneration.
- An analyst who prepared or participated in the preparation of this research report has an ownership position (long or short) in, or discretion or control over an account holding, the issuer’s securities, directly or indirectly.
- Red Cloud Securities Inc. and its affiliates collectively beneficially own 1% or more of a class of the issuer’s equity securities.
- Chad Williams, who is a partner, director, officer, employee or agent of Red Cloud Securities Inc., serves as a partner, director, officer or employee of (or in an equivalent advisory capacity to) the issuer.
- Red Cloud Securities Inc. is a market maker in the equity of the issuer.
- There are material conflicts of interest with Red Cloud Securities Inc. or the analyst who prepared or participated in the preparation of the research report, and the issuer.
Analysts are compensated through a combined base salary and bonus payout system. The bonus payout is determined by revenues generated from various departments including Investment Banking, based on a system that includes the following criteria: reports generated, timeliness, performance of recommendations, knowledge of industry, quality of research and client feedback. Analysts are not directly compensated for specific Investment Banking transactions.