May 3, 2023
Libero Copper & Gold Corp. (TSXV:LBC, BUY, C$0.95 target, Taylor Combaluzier) has partnered with its largest shareholder, Anglo Asian Mining PLC (AIM:AAZ, Not Rated) (~19.9%), for the initial design, engineering, and financial modeling of its 100%-owned Mocoa porphyry Cu-Mo deposit in Colombia. Libero aims to outline an accelerated development pathway to production that would utilize underground bulk tonnage methods and local facilities for Mo, Cu cathode, and Cu products production. Project development is expected to be focused on minimizing its environmental footprint. The company plans to leverage a historical 1984 positive PFS and the 2021 updated resource estimate and identify additional work requirements such as supplementary metallurgical and geotechnical test work. As mentioned in our initiation report, Mocoa’s 2021 NI 43-101 compliant technical report reported inferred resources of 636Mt at 0.33% Cu and 0.038% Cu Mo (0.45% CuEq) containing 4.6B lb CuEq containing 4.6B lb Cu and 510 lb Mo (~6.3B lb CuEq). In our view, this announcement signifies that Libero is aligning itself with the government of Colombia’s strategy to transition its economy away from fossil fuels and develop a local Cu production chain in-country. We note that Mocoa has previously faced challenges with local communities (read more) and we believe plans to advance the project towards production could be a way to help get buy-in from the government and these local communities, as it would bring numerous economic benefits once in operation. In our view, Libero’s plan to pursue development of Mocoa as opposed to adding incremental pounds in the ground could potentially help the company regain momentum and pave the way for more news flow and generate catalysts that could potentially help re-rate the stock. Read more
Company Specific Disclosure Details
Libero Copper & Gold Corp. – TSXV:LBC
- The analyst has visited the head/principal office of the issuer or has viewed its material operations.
- The issuer paid for or reimbursed the analyst for a portion, or all of the travel expense associated with a visit.
- In the last 12 months preceding the date of issuance of the research report or recommendation, Red Cloud Securities Inc. has performed investment banking services for the issuer.
- In the last 12 months, a partner, director or officer of Red Cloud Securities Inc., or an analyst involved in the preparation of the research report has provided services other than in the normal course investment advisory or trade execution services to the issuer for remuneration.
- An analyst who prepared or participated in the preparation of this research report has an ownership position (long or short) in, or discretion or control over an account holding, the issuer’s securities, directly or indirectly.
- Red Cloud Securities Inc. and its affiliates collectively beneficially own 1% or more of a class of the issuer’s equity securities.
- A partner, director, officer, employee or agent of Red Cloud Securities Inc., serves as a partner, director, officer or employee of (or in an equivalent advisory capacity to) the issuer.
- Red Cloud Securities Inc. is a market maker in the equity of the issuer.
- There are material conflicts of interest with Red Cloud Securities Inc. or the analyst who prepared or participated in the preparation of the research report, and the issuer.
Analysts are compensated through a combined base salary and bonus payout system. The bonus payout is determined by revenues generated from various departments including Investment Banking, based on a system that includes the following criteria: reports generated, timeliness, performance of recommendations, knowledge of industry, quality of research and client feedback. Analysts are not directly compensated for specific Investment Banking transactions.